Global warming and other things

Thank you for your input regarding the difference between muffins and cupcakes. Seems to me they must be at least cousins, though. I mean, both are baked, both are round and both have those weird paper liner things that are hard to chew . I've never liked that part. In fact, sometimes I just peel off the paper liner and don't even eat it. I've never thought it tasted very good.

So here's my next question: What's the difference between summer sausage and salami? Is it okay to eat summer sausage in the winter? Is summer sausage even sausage?

I tell ya, I'm a tormented man.

Somewhere out there, Old Man Winter is chuckling, the dirty bugger. We got a dumping of snow on Wednesday and this morning is was somewhere around -12 degrees. Have I told you lately that I'm sick of winter? If not, I'll tell you again: I'M SICK OF WINTER.

I don't remember being this bothered by cold and snow before. This winter has seemed excessively long, although it hasn't been (at least not by the calendar). To tell the truth, we've not really gotten an overwhelming amount of snow, nor have the temperatures been colder than normal. We simply haven't had a "normal" Minnesota winter in a few years.

My theory is we've all gotten a bit spoiled by Al Gore's global warming (which seems like a very nice thing, if you ask me). I guess this year the globe has taken a break from warming. I hope it starts again next year. The way I look at it is this: if I'm lucky, I've got maybe 40 years left on this planet, and I don't care a damn if glaciers recede and the icebergs all melt. That's Ava's problem, not mine. She's a smart girl, she'll figure it out.

And now I suppose most of you reading this are thinking I'm quite the bastard.

Aaaah... the truth has been revealed. I feel like weight of the global warming world has been lifted from my shoulders.

Thus concludes my therapy session for today.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?