Labor Day

We had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Dau's over the weekend.  We decided to spend the night Saturday instead of driving an hour back and forth both Saturday and Sunday.  Ava was very excited to have a "sleep over" with her cousin Nora, and it was a very good time.  Saturday night was perfect, so we enjoyed a beautiful fire under a full moon and had plenty of cold beverages to keep us hydrated.


On Sunday, I tried my hand at golf for the very first time.  I should have taken a couple lessons and spent a few hours on the driving range before actually attempting to play, but I learned on the fly and completely sucked at it.  Toward the end of the 18 holes I started getting real good hit the ball straight a couple times, but spent more time searching for golf balls in the woods than actually putting on the green.

Still it was frustrating as hell fun and I wouldn't mind going again someday, because I love pissing myself off spending time outside, enjoying nature.

Tonight is Labor Day night and I have to work, but this is a short week for me.  I only work through Wednesday, then I'm off.  I have my big fantasy football drafts this weekend, so my dearly beloved is going to be a football widow Friday and Saturday.  On the bright side, I don't hunt, I don't fish... (actually I really don't do much of anything), so this is really my only "boys" weekend of the year.  I'm not evil.  Really.

Well, that's enough for now.  'Till next time...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!