First day of school and a playset!

It's time I update here.  A few things have been going on.

First, the big news:  Ava started preschool on Sept. 15th.  We all went together to the school early Tuesday morning and Ava took it all in stride, although Mom didn't really want to leave.  Ava seemed to like it and she's looking forward to going back tomorrow (she goes Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Ready for her first day of school.  She had to put on her green necklace and her duck necklace which she won while playing bingo at Farm Fest (we put them in the backpack when we got to school).  I thought it was pretty cute.
 8
Early this morning, my brother-in-law, Tom, and I went to Elk River to get a playset for my two munchkins.  It is Elizabeth and Blair's old playset, and it is going to work great.  It is really big, really heavy and wasn't really made to be dismantled and transported with ease, shall we say.  We separated it in three big sections, loaded it on Tom's huge trailer, and somehow we managed to get back to Baxter none the worse for wear.

 
Ava and Neil's new playset.  Wow!!  Now can I put it back together again to look like this?!

It's now in its new home in our backyard, although I don't have it all put back together yet.  The biggest piece is still in our front yard.  It was just too heavy for Tom and I to lift, but I do have an idea.  I'm going to buy three pieces of PVC pipe, slide them underneath the "beast piece," as I call it (because of its size and weight) and I've got a feeling Beth and I can roll it right across the yard, just like the ancient Egyptians transported heavy objects.  Maybe watching the History Channel all these years has paid off?  I just hope I can do this while keeping my intestines within my abdominal cavity.

So that's my little project tomorrow and Friday.  I am hoping it will not take me more than two days to get this job done... three at the most.

Boy, isn't this an exciting entry??  Guess that's all for now.

 
Neil at seven-and-a-half weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!