Back Home Again

We're back from our Christmas adventure.  The trip down to Waseca took some time and was a little hairy in places, especially between the Cities and Owatonna where the roads were covered in snow in places and it was difficult to tell what was where, but people were driving (surprisingly) slow and using (surprising) caution, so we got there slowly but safely.

We had a fun time with the family and set off back home around 11:30 AM today.  It was a much less stressful drive home, the roads were in perfect condition and we arrived to a driveway full of about a foot of snow.  Of course, I promptly got the car stuck halfway into the driveway. 

It was nothing a little shoveling couldn't take care of, but I'm blaming it on the tires.  Beth said I shouldn't have stopped.  I say I stopped because my shitty tires started spinning.  She got mad, got out of the car and said, "I'm walking home."  Luckily she only had to walk 15 feet.

So after I got the car unstuck it was time to tackle the driveway.  I was afraid I was not going to be able to start my snow blower because the priming bulb rotted off at the end of last year.  However, I took a 10 cc syringe (which just sort of, um, "appeared" at my house one day, don't ask me how it got there), drew it up with fuel and injected it into the opening where the priming bulb had been, and pow! my snow blower popped right off.  I didn't think it would work, but it sure did.  Fuel injection, literally.

So my driveway is cleared out, and I am thankful for that because I sure didn't want to shovel the whole thing.

Another Christmas is in the books.  It really was a lot of fun.  Lots of great food, cold drinks and lots of laying around, which I am extraordinarily good at.  A big thanks to Tom and Gretch for their hospitality and putting up with us for four days.

I start my week of work tomorrow night and hopefully I will actually work the entire week.  I missed three days last week due to an bad cold.  Now I've been dealing with some kind of sinus crap for the last few days, which I am sure is a cling on from my cold.  I hope I'm feeling normal soon.  New Years Eve and New Years Day is coming this week.  No celebrating for me.  Unless you call going to work a form of celebration.  I don't.

Okay, that's enough for now.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!