This night.

I posted this on my Facebook page, but it is worth pondering here...

John Lennon was murdered 29 years ago tonight in New York City.  On this night, I am the same age as Lennon was the night he died.  He turned 40 on October 9th, 1980 and died December 8th at the age of 40 years, 55 days.  I turned 40 years old on October 8th and I am 40 years and 56 days old tonight, December 8th.

Weird.  And a little disturbing.

The world lost one of the greatest musicians of all time that night because of one horribly disturbed individual.  As Elton John said, "It's funny how one insect can damage so much grain."

Here is the most powerful song ever written by Elton John, in memory of his friend, John Lennon, who was taken from us far too soon on this night in 1980.
 

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!