I Am Back!

Hello, Bloggerland... I am back.  Happy December 1st.  Only 24 more shopping days 'till Christmas!

I am still trying to catch up on my e-mails.  I haven't been around a computer much over the past week.  My laptop suffered a massive epileptic seizure the day before Thanksgiving.  It totally crashed and burned.  I entrusted it into the capable hands of James at Brainerd Computers on Monday and he diagnosed the problem and fixed it right away.

It seems Windows automatically downloaded a driver which wasn't certified yet and it corrupted something-or-other in my computer.  At least, that's my layman's understanding of it.  Word of advice: turn off your automatic Windows updates and acknowledge everything manually.  Specifically, do not allow Windows to download or install any hardware drivers from Microsoft.  At least that was the advice Mr. Computer gave to me.  And I trust his advice.  Believe me, it really screwed up my machine.

So what is new since last time I blogged?  Plenty.  We didn't do much over Thanksgiving since both of us worked.  However, the Baumann's came on Friday and stayed for the weekend.  Then Walkers came over Saturday and we had a pumpkin pancake breakfast here at our place.

On Sunday Neil was baptized and we had about 30 people over for lunch.  I had a good visit with everyone and I wish we could all get together much more often than we do.  I think the day was a success, though.

Suddenly it was Monday again and it is back to the grind.

My poor Grace continues to have eye problems.  We've been giving her antibiotic ointment for the past three or four weeks and I felt she was not improving at all.  I was right.   I took her back in this afternoon and her regular vet took a look at her and immediately diagnosed her with indolent ulcers in both eyes, also called "Boxer ulcers."

She had bilateral keratotomies today, which means Dr. Eberts scraped away all the unhealed tissue and scraped "grids" on the base of the ulcers so that they heal inside out.  I'll take her back in two weeks.  If things are not progressing, the next step will be to sew her eyelids shut for two weeks (one eyelid at a time) to allow each to heal completely.  That poor old dog.  She been so healthy up until now.  It's hell to get old, as they say.

Well, that's enough for now.  I'll write again soon

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!