Russian Tea & Fake Seizures

A doozy of a cold has knocked me out for the count.  I felt poor earlier this week, went to work on Tuesday and started really feeling cruddy.  Now I'm just plain sick.  Sore throat, fever, coughing, sneezing -- pretty classic and crappy stuff.

My wife is trying to nurse me back to health.  She made me Russian tea today, like her grandma used to make.  I live in a cave and have never heard of Russian tea, but it is pretty darn good.  This stuff is made with Tang, the same orange drink that I used to enjoy when I was a kid. 

But Tang doesn't look like this anymore; nor does it come in a glass jar with a metal lid:



Now it comes in just a plain, boring orange plastic container, and plastered across the label are the words:  "New BETTER Taste!" 

I just don't understand this type of marketing.  This year Tang celebrated its 50th anniversary.  Why, after 50 years, do they need to be concerned about making it taste better?

Maybe I'm just sick and crabby.

Here is something that will cheer me up.  I am thinking my non-medical friends won't appreciate it much, but I could be wrong.  And yes, I have dealt with this exact same type of patient countless times-- someone faking seizures to get the drugs they want -- and no, I don't fall for it unless they shit the bed.   And no, those people do not pay for their hospital stay, you and I do.  Time for some more Russian tea.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!