Talking Stockings

I have been cold medicine-free for the last 12 hours and I am feeling a little more human.  I was alternating Nyquil, Robitussin, hot buttered rum, Dayquil, Sudafed, crack-cocaine, shots of brandy and Russian tea and it really made me feel weird - like a Jim Morrison "Lizard King" type of weird. 


I thought everything was fine, but when the Christmas stockings started talking to me I decided enough was enough.  No more cold medicine.  I started detoxing myself from all of this stuff that was supposed to be making me feel "better" and I think my body is finally coming around, judging by the green, chewy leeches I am hacking out of my lungs.  (Sorry, too much information.)

I still do not feel 100%, but certainly better than yesterday.  My sore throat is gone, but I woke up with a pounding headache and I haven't been able to get rid of it.  I'm not sure if it is my sinuses or the fact that I haven't had any coffee for the last couple of days.   It's probably a combination between the two.

Either I am a total pussy at being sick or this didn't hit the rest of my family as hard as it did me.  Neil had a bad cough for a couple of days, but that has cleared up.  Ava has a runny nose, but she doesn't act sick.  Beth also has been feeling under the weather and she has, indeed, labeled me a total pussy.

Well, that  is enough for now.  I am going back to work tonight.  I have missed three nights in a row, which is the most consecutive shifts I've missed in 11 years.  I think the worst of this crud has passed - I hope I don't spread it to anybody.  We have been told not to report to work if we are sick; however, we have just a skeletal staff on weekends, plus I work charge on the weekends, so I am feeling like I need to get back to work even if I'm not feeling 100%.

So it's back to the grind.  Time to brew another pot of strong coffee and watch the New Mexico Bowl. 

Any day above ground is a good day.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!