A Day at the Zoo...

We spent a nice Sunday together.  We took a trip to the Pine Grove Zoo in Little Falls.  It is a small zoo, never to be confused with the Minnesota Zoo, but it was just the right size for a four year old with a short attention span.  Actually, it was very clean and very well kept - I have to admit I was impressed.

There were tigers and bears, a mountain lion, a "mean wolf" (which Ava was preoccupied with - I'm not quite sure why), bear cubs (fun to watch), a petting zoo, elk, deer, emu [what is the plural of emu... emi?  emus?]... I'm not quite sure... and a variety of birds and other little four-legged creatures.

But of all the animals, a silly old gentle donkey was Ava's favorite:


I know she would have taken "Rosie" home with her if she could.

After the zoo, we made the mandatory stop at Dairy Queen, and then made our way back home.  A fun day being Mom and Dad!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?