Friday afternoon

A warm Friday afternoon.  We haven't had any rain for over 24 hours.  I'm afraid everything is going to shrivel up and die.

This has been one of the rainiest (is that a word?), stormiest summers I can remember.  Just think... what if it was all snow?  We would be up to our armpits in the white stuff.

Perish the thought - it will come soon enough.

Just had to write because I got my lawn mowed and trimmed!  Believe me, it is an accomplishment.  I also got a tree sawed up (the tree that fell just a few feet short of my camper) and hauled to the woodpile, where we enjoy all of those non-existent fires in our firepit. Maybe someday we will again enjoy the warmth of a relaxing fire on a summer evening - or even an autumn evening.  But it just doesn't happen these days.

We are going to have a little belated birthday party for Neil tomorrow night; the Stokes family is coming over which I am really looking forward to.  We have a lot of catching up to do.  It will be a fun time.

Not much else happening right now.  Just thought I'd check in.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!