Owl in a Day's Work...

It is not unusual for us to wake up to animal noises, provided by an imaginative four year old.  So when I heard "hooting" at 7:30 this morning, it didn't surprise me.  I was not happy, however, because it was loud and I was afraid Ava would wake up her little brother.

But in a few minutes she came bounding down the stairs and jumped on our bed and the "hooting" continued.  Let me emphasize, it was loud.  By now the dog was awake, so I decided to let her out and go investigate.

Once I got outside this "hooting" was very loud.  It was undoubtedly an owl, something I'd never seen in the wild before, so I decided to look for him (yes, it sounds like something Phyllis would do!).  It did not take me long to find him.  I should say them.  Two great horned owls perched high in a tree just across the street from our house.  They were magnificent!  And huge!  And loud!

I managed to get a very poor photo of them before they both took off with their immense wings flapping through the trees.  What a cool way to start a Sunday morning!

My hope is that they will stick around and grab Fat Ass the cat or maybe even the neighbor's pissy Pomeranian.  I love owls.


The two great horned owls are the blobs in the center of the picture.  They were awesome!  This picture was actually taken through Ava's bedroom window.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!