Be Grateful For What You Have

Wow, another post?  Can you tell I am trying to stay awake?  Is anybody out there?

* silence *

Oh well, I have a tendency to talk to myself quite often anyway.  I'm good company, just ask me.

Daylight Savings Time was last night, which meant I only had to work seven hours.  That did not suck.  It still seemed like a long night, though.  Two more shifts to go, then an eight hour class on Thursday.  At least I get paid for it.  It's all good.  Or pretty good.  ...well, maybe it's all okay.  Yeah, it's okay.

I'm still waiting for all this damn snow to melt.  The eaves drip and tease me -- sort of like waving a sirloin in front of a hungry coyote.  But there is a lot of that white crap out there.  This will take a while to go away.

Meanwhile, the Vernal Equinox (as opposed to the Venereal Equinox) is next Sunday.  Aaaaah, spring is just a week away.  That's reassuring, but I don't see many flowers blooming.

I normally vent about sports related stuff on my football blog, but please allow me a couple minutes to do so here.

The NFL has disgusted me.  I have put my football blog on hiatus until there is something worthwhile to write about.

For those who don't know, the rich (millionaires) and wealthy (billionaires) can't agree how to split up $9.3 billion (yeah, Billion) in revenue, so everyone has decided to take their ball and go home.

Do these pampered shitholes really think anyone should feel sorry for them?  There is a natural disaster of epic proportions in Japan right now - tens of thousands are dead and hundreds of thousands are homeless, and they are teetering on the edge of  a nuclear disaster -- and these professional football players and billionaire owners are pissed off at each other over how to divide up $9.3 billion?

I'd like to see our good President step in and say, "I know how to divide this money!" and donate it all to the earthquake and tsunami disaster relief. 

Oh, I know the NFL is a private business and it has nothing to do with the government, but I'd would love to see the looks on their faces if they were stripped of their billions of dollars they are so unhappy with.

The moral of the story:  Your life could be a lot worse.  Be grateful for what you have, douchebag.

Argh, I'm in a foul mood now.  And I'm tired.  Time to go slam some coffee and yell at my kids.  That always makes me feel better.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!