Father's Day

I forgot today was Father's Day until a co-worker wished me "Happy Father's Day" as I was walking out of work.  I got some nice cards from my babies and my present is in transit - so my wife says.  Or did she forget too?  Hmmmm....

Dad and me

I love this picture of me and my dad.  I suppose I was about three years old when this was taken, and judging by Dad's clothes, I am guessing he just got off work.  He worked for Mid-America Dairymen for many years.  He was the butter man.

Anyway, I miss my dad everyday.  I really wish I could have had another 20 years with him, but it wasn't part of the Plan.

In other news, my daughter asked a terrific question tonight.  One of those questions I've never really thought of.  We were watching a cartoon where a rocket ship blasted off: "5...4...3...2...1...0...Blastoff!"

Ava turned and looked at me with that thoughtful look on her face and asked, "Dad?  Why do you count backwards when a rocket ship blasts off?"

Good question.  Darn good question.

Speaking of Ava, her first tee ball game got rained out Wednesday night.  I'm hoping we'll have nice weather tomorrow night.  She plays at 7:30 PM at Kristofferson Park in Baxter on Monday night (20th) if anyone wants to be amused and have a good laugh.  It will be her first game and she's excited. 

Also, I've had a couple people ask me about Farm Fest shirts.  Yes, we will have shirts this year.  I usually have everything posted by now, but we've run into a couple of snags.  I really hope to have the invitations and order forms posted this coming week, but right now it's out of my hands.  Stay tuned!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!