Lost in Translation?

Hmmm... I guess nobody thought much of my rollerblading joke. I thought sure I would have a comment or two about it. I heard that one the other night and I laughed so hard I nearly cried. I guess it is too politically incorrect for people's taste these days. If you were insulted or offended, get over it. Ha!

Thanks to President Bush, we are now proud owners of a flat screen television. Because I am the way I am, I read the instruction manual from front to back. The manual is about 75 pages long, but only 20 of them are in English. I tried to reading the French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese and Korean instructions, but I couldn't understand a damn word. I hope I didn't miss anything important.

The broken English in these manuals is funny, though. For instance, the manufacturer recommends the following: "Hang product by a wire from pre-fitted screws to prevent damage from immediately when the earthquake happens."

Huh?

I'm not quite sure where "the earthquake" came from. But I guess it can damage the television.

Anyway, we are upgrading to HD on Tuesday, so I am excited!

Hope you've had a good Memorial Day weekend. Mine has sucked, but I was ready for it. We're going camping next weekend and I am thinking about hooking myself up to an IV of beer. Yeah, that should do the trick.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!