The Bachelor

Not much to write about. A very quiet night at home. Beth, Ava and Ann went to Waseca to see Beth's sister Gretchen for a few days, so I've been home alone since Tuesday. There is no doubt I would be a miserable bachelor. The dogs have been keeping me pretty good company, although they tend to prefer sleeping over anything else. They don't say much, but they are good listeners.

The house is silent and I'm not used to it. Unlike my canine companions, I have found it kind of tough to sleep for the last couple of days. I've been working since Monday, my usual routine, and my lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me. I don't know why I can't relax, but I'll wake up after five hours of sleep and be wide awake. You would think I would sleep like a rock with the house being empty. Oh well, not a big deal. I can survive on five hours. Like they say, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

We finally opened up the camper on Saturday afternoon; I am gambling that we aren't going to get anymore snow this spring. The inside of the camper looks fine and it opened without any problems, so I don't have to take it back to Lewie's, which is a big relief. I was kind of anticipating I would have a problem or two, but it looks like I've lucked out. After I opened it and we put everything back inside (we emptied the camper when I took it in to be fixed earlier this year), Beth and I came down with a bad case of camping fever. About 15 minutes later, I made reservations to camp out at Gull Lake the last weekend in May. I guess that will be our first official camping trip of the year. I can hardly wait!

Beth and Ava are coming home some time tomorrow evening. I don't know what time they plan on leaving, but I'm sure I'll be talking to Beth again tomorrow. To be perfectly honest, I would just as soon they come home now. I miss my girls when they aren't here.

The Twins game started late after a rain delay, but I see it is on now, so I will watch it for a while until it is time to get ready for work. I guess there's nothing else to chat about... I'm just kind of killing time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!