What is it?



Beth and I love to watch/feed birds. We've got several cardinals and the other day at least two pairs of orioles found their way back to our place, plus we've got a couple of humming birds. But a stranger has come along which I just cannot identify, even though I have my Birds of Minnesota field guide right by my side.

I got some fairly good pictures of him this morning. He hangs out at the oriole feeder and was even trying to get nectar out of the humming bird feeder. He was also munching on some orange halves. I thought it might be a juvenile oriole, but my book says juveniles look like female orioles. I just don't know what this is. It is just a little bigger than a nuthatch. Can anybody out there help me?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!