It's all gone

I seem to be updating my blog often this week. I guess it's been an active week. The garage sale is done and it was a huge success. Beth closed up at noon on Friday because we basically ran out of things to sell. All of the big items sold right away, which means our upstairs is pretty empty now. The recliners, armoire, my beautiful television... all of it is gone. Sold to some passing stranger, never to be seen again. It is time to go onward and upward, so they say.

The other day I e-mailed Stan Tekiela, who is a famed naturalist, author and wildlife photographer, and asked him to identify our little birdy that has come to visit us (this was before I figured out the mystery). Stan is a busy guy; he wrote Birds of Minnesota Field Guide, which many of you probably have at home, and many other nature books. He also appears on WCCO radio on weekend mornings. I never thought he'd write me back, but sure enough he took the time to send me an e-mail this morning, confirming that our bird is, in fact, a Cape May Warbler. He said it is heading north and is eating from our nectar feeder because it is starving due to a lack of bugs this spring (the two late snowstorms in this area have really hurt some of the bird populations). He said to "keep our nectar feeders filled to help out these little warblers." So that's just what we'll do. I thought it was awfully nice of him to write back. His web site is www.naturesmart.com

I looks like it is going to be a nice day today. We are heading over to New York Mills later this afternoon to see Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma's birthday is this weekend, so we are having a little party. I'll talk more later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!