Another Update

We had a rare night out last night. Headed for Elk River in the early afternoon to visit the Budahn's. Lindsey made a delicious dinner (Chicken Marsalas -- highly recommended!) and then she and Blair were kind enough to watch our little ones while Beth and I went to see Elizabeth and Brian in the musical "The Secret Garden." Mr. Budahn had a leading role and he blew everyone off the stage. Dude can sing his ass off; and it is a little intimidating to realize that I have to step on the same stage and sing with him in less than two weeks: Farm Fest VI!

A big thank you again to Lindsey for letting Beth and I have a date! And thanks to Brian for putting on a great show (again).

Everyone knows I love music and I have "discovered" a fantastic new band. They are called "The Script," from Dublin, Ireland. They aren't necessarily rock and roll; they are more in the pop/rock genre, think The Police meets Matchbox Twenty meets Maroon 5. The frontman has one of the best voices I've ever heard. He's one of those guys when you hear him for the first time you say, "Where in the world did this guy come from?!" (the answer, obviously, is Dublin!). His name is Danny O'Donoghue and he's pretty damn amazing -- and please realize that I am not one to hand out syrupy compliments liberally.

Anyway, these guys are a breath of fresh air as far as I'm concerned. I found out about them because they were hand-picked by Paul McCartney to open for him on his tour this summer. My hunch was if they got Paul's attention, they were worth checking out. My hunch was right.

Here is the first single from their debut album (the album is simply called "The Script.") The song is called "The Man Who Can't Be Moved." The lyrics are some of the most original I've heard in years. I found a neat video on You Tube which features the lyrics. Even though I'm a hairy man, I must admit this is a beautiful love song -- it's sweet but not sappy and the melody is unforgettable. If you want to treat yourself, give it a listen!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!