The Fourth Already?!

It's hard to believe the Fourth of July is on Saturday. Once again, I am working the holiday weekend. Same thing happened over Memorial Day -- it just the way the cookie crumbled this time around. I guess I shouldn't bitch and complain too much. First, it's not like we would be able to do much anyway (my bride is very ready to be done being pregnant and we really can't wander too far away from home). Second, the holiday pay is pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday (well, to me it's next Saturday... perhaps I should say my next Saturday off). Dale, Brian, Bob and Kevin are coming to our place to rehearse the Farm Fest music. It will be mostly a vocal rehearsal to brush up on our harmonies and go through a general review of things we've forgotten-- after all, it's been almost a year. It's always fun to sit down and play music together. It's in my blood; always has been.

Our only -- ONLY -- rehearsal as a full group will be on Friday before Farm Fest. We've never cut things this close before and I'm afraid the music won't be as up to snuff this year... but we will certainly do our best. Who knows, maybe having a rehearsal the day before will be better since everything will be totally fresh in our minds? Plus, we'll have the opportunity to set the sound levels perfectly and get used to singing and playing with monitors again (a very weird experience if you're not used to it).

However, I'm beginning to realize that people view the music as a fun highlight to the night; I think the real reason people come to Farm Fest is to get together and visit and enjoy one another's company. Regardless, it is a fun night and I always look forward to the entire weekend.

I think the "'60's Beach Party" Thursday night will be a blast too. It will be great to unwind and spend some time with friends and family I haven't seen in a while.

It will soon be time for work. I hope everyone has a fun-filled weekend... but don't be stupid. Take care of yourselves!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!