Landscaping

It's time for a bit of self-indulgence, putting this on the record for my own sake. My landscaping project is done. Here are the before and after photos.



We started this project in the autumn of 2008. This is as far as we got before the snow flew.



The gazebo, minus the screen and in major need of an upgrade.



Another angle, with Ava still in her pajamas.


A few days later, voila! Much improved, if I don't say so myself.


Looking the opposite direction.





Of course, I had to put my own spin on it. Luckily my leading lady doesn't mind!



We added a fire pit which Beth plans on filling with candles; an ideal place to sit down with a drink at the end of the day after the monsters go to bed.


The gazebo now with its screen. My supermodel is leaning on an old trunk that we converted into a table.



This trunk was in Beth's grandfather's workshop for years. It is very old... in fact, it still has some of the original Cunard Shipping Line stickers on it. Beth and I brainstormed and came up with an idea: We decided to go with a "ship" theme. So we polyurethaned it the entire trunk, then I researched and printed out as many old ship line logos as I could, and then polyurethaned those to the surface of the trunk. We weren't sure if it would work, but it did!! Two more coats of polyurethane made it waterproof; an ideal place to put your drink and a great conversation piece!

A close-up of one of the images on the trunk. I found this "boarding pass" on the internet, printed it out and polyurethaned it in place. Very cool!!


Another close up of the trunk. Yes, Jon Stokes, this one is for you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!