Friday night

I'm still alive in my neck of the woods, enjoying my paternity leave, spending some much-needed time with my family and finishing up plenty of projects that have been long overdue.

I have been doing lots of landscaping lately. I took "before" pictures. I hope to take "after" pictures tomorrow (I took Heidi's advice and decided to do the "before/after" thing!). I am going to post them here for my own benefit. (I know, I know.... there's nothing more exciting than to see somebody else's amateur landscaping handy work. But, hey, it's my blog.)

The family is doing well. Ava is becoming more and more of a mother hen and Neil is doing great. I do believe he's growing, although he hadn't gained an ounce at his first doctor's appointment. The theory is he lost weight after we brought him home and he's since gained it back. I'm not worried -- he is eating like a mini-king and has got a belly. He's a very "low maintenance" baby. I don't know if he's really that good or if the second time around is just that much easier. Half the time, you don't even know he's in the room!

We are excited for a night out this weekend. Lindsey was kind enough to offer watching our two monsters so Beth and I can go see Brian's performance of "The Secret Garden" in Elk River. We plan on going Sunday afternoon and having dinner with the Budahn's first. It'll be nice to get out of the house!

And soon... very soon... Farm Fest will be here once again! That's always the highlight of the summer; well, except for this summer. Sorry, it's hard to top the birth of your only son!

Well, it's Friday night. It is a beautiful evening. Thought about having a fire tonight, but bedtime around here is 9:00 PM for everyone. We really live life on the wild side!!

Speaking of bedtime, I suppose I should sign off. I watched the Twins until midnight last night and they blew a 9th inning lead. I'm not going to make the same mistake tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!