It's Saturday

Man, it has been an expensive a productive week at our house.  I got the computer fixed on Tuesday.  Grace had her surgery on Thursday (and she's doing well!).  Also on Thursday I got the oil changed in the Honda, and Beth and I got BlackBerries.  Yesterday I got four new tires put on the Honda.

Today my goal is to watch football.  I am looking forward to accomplishing that goal.

About our new investment -- the BlackBerry.  Beth has had complicated phones in the past, but I have resisted the temptation.  I despise "phone jerks," as I call them.  One of my biggest pet peeves - and this has happened to me more than once - is having a conversation with someone, only for them to suddenly reach down for their phone and check a text as I'm in mid-sentence. Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your virtual world.  Perhaps if I sent you a text I would have your undivided attention.  Oh, those people piss me off.

But I figured it was about time I joined the 21st century.  Ignoring this kind of technology will not make it go away, it will just make me more and more ignorant of the kind of trouble my kids will be able to get into when they are old enough to mess with this kind of stuff.  Of course technology will be even more advanced by then (and we're only talking a few years here) but I guess I should keep up with the Jetsons.

And I must admit, there's something pretty cool about having the internet in the palm of your hand anywhere you go.

I went to Wal Mart yesterday.  I saw a lady with a goatee on one of her chins.  Fascinating.  She  was wearing her cleanest sweat suit (think Jabba the Hut in a sleeping bag), a blaze orange stocking cap on her head and Sorels on her feet.  She was piling frozen pizzas in her grocery cart.  I couldn't take my eyes off her.  There was a mountain of at least 20 Tony's Pizzas in her cart before she finished.

"Okay, so that's lunch," I thought to myself.  "I wonder what she is going to have for supper?"

I hate Wal Mart.

When I got up this morning I took the dog out to do her business.  Standing outside, I took a deep breath in through my nose and my nostrils stuck together.  That's my first indicator that it is really cold. 

Sure enough, when I got back in the house I checked the trusty thermometer and it read 15 degrees below zero.  You would think we would be getting used to the cold by now, but when the temperature falls that far below zero it just hurts.  Just like getting shot in the head with a nail gun:  no matter how many times it happens to you, it still hurts.

Not that I know many people who go around clocking themselves with nail guns, but there you go.

Time for another cup of coffee.  It's going to be a good day, I can just tell.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!