TGIM!

A long, crappy week of work is in the books.  Oh, I wish I could vent right now about some of the b.s. I see on the job.  Much of it has to do with creeps -- felons -- living on disability and leeching off the system.  My (and your) tax money hard at work, folks.

Disability is a fine concept, but it is abused like nothing else I've ever seen, and I've certainly not seen the worst, most pathetic cases.  But because of HIPAA and other privacy laws, I cannot speak freely about the fervid bullshit I encounter.  But it is out there and you should know the system is incredibly flawed.  Ugh.

A busy week this week -- Tomorrow I have a six hour ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) refresher course.  Then a staff meeting on Friday morning.  Grace sees the vet on Thursday morning.  She gets the stitches out of her left eye and the doc will make the determination if surgery is needed on the right eye.  I hope he decides it is healing okay on its own.  Neil also sees the doctor on Thursday for his six month (already!) check up.

I'm also thinking about setting up a doctor's appointment.  I've had this persistent cough for over two weeks and it just won't go away.  Now my chest hurts (not chest pain, it just hurts).  I've not felt right since a week before Christmas.  I keep thinking I will kick this on my own, but it isn't happening.  I guess I should just stop being so stubborn and just go see my doc.

Sorry, don't mean to complain about my health issues -- I'm normally healthy as a horse. 

How about them Vikings!?  Won't talk about it here because I talk about all that stuff here.

Speaking of, this weekend I decided to sort of go "global" with my football blog and put it on Facebook's Networked Blogs just for fun.  We'll see what happens.

Well, we are more than halfway through January now.  Winter days just go by so slowly.  I am straining to see if there are buds on the trees yet.  Maybe if I look really hard I will see one.  Will wishing make it happen?  It hasn't worked before, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Meanwhile, here is what Grace looks like a week after surgery.  She is opening her left eye now, which makes me think is doesn't feel uncomfortable anymore.  And if it doesn't feel uncomfortable, I can't help but think it is healing.  Her right eye is cloudy, which the vet said is to be expected and it means the cornea is healing.  The cloudiness will eventually go away and her eye will look normal again over time.  Her eyesight is definitely compromised, but she gets around pretty well.  Poor girl.


A pirate says, "Arrrgh!"

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!