And the Oscar goes to...

Had a pleasant surprise last night... got a call around 9:15 PM asking if I wanted to stay home on call.  Of course I do!  I was sure I would get called in at some point during the night, but the phone never rang. 

Either that, or I never heard it ring. 

Oops.....

Beth and I watched the Academy Awards on Sunday.  For the second year in a row the winner of "Best Picture" was a film I had never heard of.  Last year, I think, was "Slumdog Millionaire."  This year it was "The Hurt Locker."  Never heard of it.

In fact, many of the nominees for the acting awards were totally unknown to me.  Several winners were unknown as well.  Mo'Nique won for Best Support Actress.  Christoph Waltz won for Best Supporting Actor. 

Not saying these folks are not brilliant at what they do, just saying I never watch movies anymore -- at least not new movies.  I've often got Turner Classic Movies or Fox Movie Classics on the tube.  I love those channels.  My usual routine is to see what's on ESPN and ESPN2, then the classic movie channels.  If there's nothing there, then I go the History/History International/VH1 Classic/Science channel route.

If there's nothing that interests me there, then I often have to resort to playing with my kids.

Oh, the humanity!

Not sure what the point was writing all this, but there you go.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!