Meek and Mild

Another weekend has passed by.  Ray and Sandy stopped in on Sunday.  They were in town and called to see if we were home.  It was nice to have coffee and a quick visit with them.

Sunday was just gorgeous.  It was over 50 degrees, bright and sunny, and the water was pouring off the roof from melting the snow.  Today is gray and cloudy, but still above freezing.  If the sun was out I bet it would be 50 degrees again. 

We're not out of the deep freeze yet, though.   On this date in 1995 it was 22 degrees below zero here, so it can still get dangerously cold this time of year.  It won't be safe to say we're out of the "below zero" days until next month at this time.  In this neck of the woods, the latest recorded below zero reading was on April 6, 1979.  The low was 3 below that night.

In case you are wondering (and I know that you are), the earliest recorded below zero reading was on November 4, 1991: 7 degrees below zero.

That is, of course, for my location in the belly button of Minnesota.

And there's your weather history lesson for the day.  I guess I have some of my dad's blood in me.

There's really not much happening around here and I don't mind the lack of excitement.  No excitement means nothing's shaking, and if nothing's shaking all is well.  At least that is how I see it.

I've been watching plenty of college basketball lately.  I really enjoy it this time of year and March Madness is right around the corner.  I wish the Gophers played better in the first part of the season.  It would be fun to see them in the NCAA tournament.  Instead, we'll have to settle for the NIT tourney unless a miracle happens.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Maybe next year... the favorite saying of Minnesota fans far and wide, no matter what sport.

Will chat more later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!