Back Home

It is so nice out today I decided to open the windows and let in some welcomed fresh air.  It has been a long time since I've opened the windows.  The cool breeze and clean spring air makes me think winter just might be over!  Man, it feels good.  I shouldn't complain, though.  This was a very "tame" winter by Minnesota standards.  I can only recall one really cold snap and maybe a couple of snowstorms, but nothing compared to what they had in other parts of the country, especially the East Coast.

Went back home yesterday to Aunt Helen's funeral.  It was a very moving tribute to a great woman.  I did get to see my aunts and uncles and cousins and brothers, and a bunch of folks from Hewitt who I haven't seen in years.  Also visited Mom and Dad's grave site.  Helen was laid to rest just a few yards away from them.

Heck, I bet they are all having a big game of "schmear" up there right now.

So yesterday was bittersweet.  It is always nice to come home, but not for funerals. 

Grandma Dau watched the munchkins while we were in Hewitt.  It sounded like they were well-behaved.  I hope so. 

We'll have a busy week this week.  We've got plans with Beth's family for Easter; I have a feeling this week will fly by.

We keep talking about having a campfire in the backyard one of these nights.  If I could get the Mrs. to stay up past 9 p.m. I think we would.  She needs about 12 hours of sleep for three consecutive nights and she'd be as good as new.  But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

It's kind of funny because we are both looking so forward to our get-away in Duluth at the end of April.  I told Beth last night, "I bet we get to our cozy hotel room with the hot tub and fireplace overlooking Duluth Harbor -- and all we'll do is sleep and sleep and sleep until it's time to check out." 

Unfortunately, she agreed with me!

Not much else to add right now, just checking in...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!