Black Friday

Not much happening around here, but I guess I will jot a line anyway. I am working seven in a row, Beth is working six of the next seven, so it has been "leave me a note" week. We won't really see each other until November 29th. I hope Beth has nothing planned next weekend because I just want to STAY HOME.

It was a cold drive home this morning, the outside thermometer in the car read 11 degrees at about 7:20 a.m., when I got out of work. It is Black Friday today... not sure why they call it that... but it is a uniquely American custom of going out shopping as early as possible on the day after Thanksgiving. No, I don't understand it: let's-all-go-shopping-at-the-same-place-at-the-same-time-and-get-pissed-off-at-each-other-because-you-are-trying-to-buy-the-same-thing-I-am-and-it-is-only-on-sale-until-10 a.m-even-though-Christmas-is-over-a-month-away. When I drove past Walgreen's at about 7:25 a.m., there was actually a line of people outside the store waiting to get in. Yes, there was a line outside of Walgreen's. And it was 11 degrees outside! Walgreen's must have been giving away free samples of cocaine, that's the only thing I could think of.

I'm watching the Prep Bowl, but don't have much interest in it this year. Eden Prairie is playing Cretin-Durham Hall right now. Both sides have talented players, and both sides are pretty cocky. It is funny, though, when a team like Cretin, which is used to dominating other teams, gets pushed all over the field. They don't know what to do and they have that "What is happening? This is impossible!" look on their faces. All of those kids are recruited, with the intention to win a state title, so I am happy to see them get their butts kicked. Of course, Eden Prairie's kids are recruited too, but I'd rather see a public school win than a private school.

I guess I should shower and try to feel like going to work. I'll jabber more later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!