Well, I got more done today than I was expecting. I went to Lewie's in the afternoon and was pleased to find out that a new manager is now in charge of the service department. The guy that was there before was a total idiot (maybe that's why he isn't there anymore. Perhaps I wasn't the only one unhappy with the service I got?). I kind of got the run around at first, the typical lines "well, this is up to you and your insurance company" and "we do charge a $250 estimate fee," and the like. Then I mentioned that I was a returning customer, having bought the camper there some 20 months ago, and suddenly the demeanor changed. The manager was suddenly interested in my story and said, "Oh! You just made my job much easier; what did you say your name was?" he asked as he sat down at his computer. Within 10 minutes I got an estimate right there, got the estimate fee waived and will get 10% off parts when the job is done. That's the good news.

The bad news is the damage is $3200. Damn. The camper needs a new top (which I suspected -- and feared -- all along). Water has gotten inside the top, and has run into the ceiling, and it will be a breeding ground for mold. I do agree that the top needs to be replaced. Now it will be interesting to see what the adjuster thinks. I am sure he will disagree. Guess we will find out eventually, if he ever bothers to show up.

After getting the estimate, I dropped off the papers at State Farm, then Beth, Ava and I went to Starbucks, got coffee -- I got their Pumpkin Spice Latte, which wasn't bad -- then we went to Kristofferson Park (about a mile from our place) for a while and let Ava play around on the jungle gym. She was more interested in running up and down the sidewalk, but she had a good time.

I would like to congratulate Pepto-Bismol for the first official holiday t.v. commercial of the year. In fact, I saw it twice today. Let's see, it's November 2nd and they are already attacking us with holiday ads. I heard a joke on the radio the other day, "When does Christmas start?" "The day after Halloween!" It's not a joke anymore.

We watched "The Da Vinci Code" tonight on Encore. I read the book a couple years ago, and the book was much better, but I thought the movie wasn't bad... certainly not as bad as the reviews it got. The whole concept behind that story weirds me out. I'm still feeling weirded out. But it was a nice way to spend a chilly autumn evening. Speaking of which, it is Friday night, we should be whooping it up!

Maybe next time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!