Tuesday morning

It has been a while since I've jotted anything down. I finished my seven night "tour of duty" yesterday morning. It was a long week, but I've had worse. I was charge in the telemetry unit all week last week, which usually tends to be a little less stressful than charge in ICU. It is nice to have a change of scenery now and then.

I slept for a few hours yesterday, got up in the early afternoon. It was nice, about 52 degrees, and it was the perfect opportunity to open up the camper and take everything out. I don't want to leave anything in there when I take it in to get repaired. Why open up another can of worms if you don't have to? I wanted to pop up the camper in reasonably warm weather so I didn't have to worry about anything else cracking or breaking in the cold. The timing was perfect and Beth and I got the job done in about 20 minutes. After we closed it back down, we tarped it over again for good measure. Now I just have to wait for the State Farm check to arrive at Lewie's so they can order the part. Mike from Lewie's called yesterday to say the check hadn't arrived yet (I was fairly impressed he even bothered to call, actually), but yesterday was Veteran's Day, so I don't expect the check to come until either today or tomorrow. Then it will be a 2-3 week wait for the top to arrive. Maybe by Christmas the job will be done. I hope. I know, this is boring stuff, but it is my life and it is my blog. Read at your own risk. Ha!

I am up early this morning. When I got up yesterday I had just a couple cups of decaf, so I had no caffeine intake yesterday. I was dragging by 9 p.m. I stayed up to watch the Monday night game until the fourth quarter and I just couldn't stay awake any longer. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and somehow the dogs knew I was awake, even though I didn't move. They started snorting and did that "sit and stare" thing at me until I finally gave in and let them out. I tried to lay down again, but it was no use. Once I am awake, I am awake. So I got up and decided to reward myself after another long week of work...

The other day my cigars arrived (I get a wonderful box of Iguana brand cigars from the Dominican Republic shipped to me every 9 weeks -- it is about the only vice I have, so give me a break! It is interesting to note that Iguana just happened to be JFK's favorite brand of cigar -- that's a fact. I smoke an average about five cigars a month and I know it isn't good for me, but just like another president, I don't inhale. That's my flawed rationale for convincing myself it is okay). So I brewed a pot of Folgers and opened up a fresh box of cigars and had myself a nice hot cup of fresh coffee and a fresh cigar out in the garage in the pre-dawn morning. I love those moments. It is about 42 degrees this morning, so it didn't feel too bad outside. Nice and crisp, but you can tell Mother Nature is getting prepared for the winter season.

Not much planned for today. Beth works from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., so I get to spend the day with my favorite little girl and I am looking forward to it. I don't get to see her too much during my week of work. Beth prepared some manicotti last night, so all I have to do is put it in the oven today. That sounds pretty darn good right now. I think it is going to be a good day.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?