April Showers??

When I left for work last night, the weatherman was advising against any travel because of
"near blizzard conditions." Unfortunately, I had no choice but to travel. I tell you what, if those driving conditions last night were near blizzard conditions, I'd hate to see what actual blizzard conditions are. It usually takes me about eight minutes to get to work. Last night took about 23 minutes.

Somehow I made it, but it was some of the worst driving conditions I've experienced... that is until morning came. Then the fun really started. The side streets weren't plowed, so I had to guess where the street ended and people's yards began. I am sure I took the ditch a couple of times, but my trusty ol' Pilot got me home in one piece. I have no idea how I didn't get stuck, but I made it. I took Beth to work this afternoon, but by then the plows went through and the streets were simply wet.

I'm not sure what the official snowfall total was, but I am sure we easily got a foot of heavy, wet snow. Hard to tell, because the temps were 34-36 degrees most of the day, so it was melting continuously. So we are back to where we started two months ago. A winter wonderland. Just when I thought spring was here. Crap. I'll never get that camper opened up! I suppose by July or August we will be thankful for this dumping because we'll probably need the moisture, but I am less than thrilled about it at the moment.

Time for work. Here comes the weekend. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself... can't you tell?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!