Thunder Today

Wow, another five days has passed since I last signed in. We had our first rumble of thunder this evening with about 30 minutes of good, steady rain (not snow, real spring rain!). Maybe things will start greening up around here now. I am sick of brown. Even though there are many shades of it, I am about browned out.

It is back to work again in about an hour. I just dread this first night back, even though once I get there I just go on "auto-pilot" and get through the shift. But getting there is half the battle. At least there is the NFL draft to look forward to this weekend. The draft actually doesn't start until 2 p.m. central time, so I think I'll just get up for it. It happens just once a year and it is always enjoyable for me, and this sounds like it might be one of the most unpredictable drafts in recent memory. I'll sacrifice some sleep, but it is worth it.

Brian and Dale are coming here on May 2nd for our first vocal rehearsal for Farm Fest. Right now the only other rehearsal we have scheduled is not until August, two weeks before the big day. Even though that is cutting it pretty close, I would rather rehearse later than sooner, because we know most of the material -- there's not much new stuff to learn -- and it is better to have it fresh in our minds. It's always fun to get together and make some music, so I am really looking forward to it.

Brian and I have also been invited back by our high school band director, Ken Nelson, to perform at his last concert on May 1st. It is a huge honor for both of us. Ken is retiring from Bertha-Hewitt this spring after at least 30 years of teaching (I'm not sure how long he's taught, to be honest). That band program will never be the same when he steps down. Those will be enormous shoes to fill.

Well, it is off to work pretty soon. I'll chat more later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!