A bad crop

I sat down tonight and thought it would be kind of fun to watch some high school basketball, since the Minnesota state tournament is going on right now. I have to admit I ended up changing the channel after about 20 minutes.

You see, at some point in the last couple of decades, basketball stopped becoming a team sport.

What I saw tonight was a bunch of selfish, three-point shooting showboats, with no concept of teamwork, no respect for the game, no respect for their opponents and certainly no respect for the officials. It was absolutely disgusting and I sure won't waste my time watching the remainder of the tournament this weekend.

The old saying is true: You reap what you sow.

And the prevailing "winning is everything" attitude which these kids have been raised on has sown a whole lot of crap.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!