It's raining men...

...okay, not really. Ish, that would be gross.

It's about time I update things. It is pouring rain (but not men). I've heard this crap is supposed to turn into snow during the night and leave a big mess by tomorrow morning. Bring it on. I'm used to it. Come on Old Man Winter! Is this all ya got? Ya big pussy.

We've had a busy few days. Our good friends Korey and Shelli became grandparents again late last week. Scott and Sammi are proud new parents of a bouncing baby girl. A drink is called for, but the challenge is finding an opportunity to drink it together.

We also had a long overdue dinner and visit with the Stokes's on Sunday. Jon grilled brats and burgers -- aaahh, spring time! -- and we had a nice long visit. How overdue was it? I finally gave Jon his birthday present. His birthday was November 22nd.

So we kind of lucked out over the past few days. Spaghetti at the Dau's Friday, grilling at the Stokes's Sunday. (In these hard economic times, you find a way to feed your family anyway you can, you know).

Now I am back to work, but my days off have been really nice. The snow is slowly melting away and this rain is really making quick work of it. We are praying the flooding is held to a minimum in Fargo and Grand Forks. My nephew/niece Ross and Marissa live in West Fargo and their house is right in the path of a potential flood. My niece Brandy lives in Grand Forks and her house would be flooded out as well if it gets as bad as some are predicting. If everybody sends up a prayer, maybe things will turn out better this time.

Well, I really don't have much to add right now. I could really go for some sunshine, but the 15 day forecast is not too promising right now. Guess we'll wait it out (what other choice do we have?!). I am getting the itch to open up my camper and get it ready for the summer, even if we probably won't do a whole lot of camping; at least not very far from home.

I'll update again later. Maybe when the rain stops?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!