Life's difficult questions

We got our taxes done yesterday, then went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a delicious spaghetti supper.

Now, Grandma and Grandpa have all kinds of toys for the grandkids and one of Ava's favorites is a collection of plastic cows, calves and bulls. She will sit for hours playing with the plastic animals and have a grand ol' time.

These animals are very sturdy pieces of plastic and are, shall we say, highly detailed replicas. The bull in particular features a very pronounced pair of testicles on his underside and sure enough, after playing for a while, my curious three year-old began studying this interesting characteristic between the bull's legs.


Before I knew it, Ava thrust the bull's hanging nut-sack in my face and innocently asked, "Papa, what's that her name?"

And there I sat at my in-law's home trying to watch basketball with a plastic bull's scrotum sitting under my nose while thinking of something clever to say to scare my daughter away from testicles for the next 15 to 20 years.

And Lord knows I'll continue trying...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!