Chris Isaak?

Beth got an unexpected day off today (she got to stay home due to low census at the hospital), so we all got to spend the day together, which usually only happens every other Saturday and Sunday. We took advantage of the day and got Ava's new room rearranged so she can move in when the baby arrives. Yeah, it's still just March, but July will be here so quickly that I know we won't be ready. We've (slowly) learned to do things now rather than say, "that's something we should do one of these days." "One of these days" always seems to be tomorrow until it becomes today and you suddenly don't have done what you meant to do.

I'm not sure if that made sense? Oh well, I knew what I meant. I think.

Beth has joined Facebook, so you'll have to pardon me if my blogging slows down a bit. She is now on the computer more than I am. In fact, I had to wait for her to go to bed tonight before I even dared to approach the keyboard. Maybe I should go downstairs, wake her up and ask if it's okay that I use the computer now? Boy, that would be really annoying of me, wouldn't it?

I specialize in annoying my wife. Just ask her. (What else are husbands for?)

Hey, does anybody know who Chris Isaak is? There's a chance you don't and that makes this next little story even better. Chris Isaak had one hit song in 1989 called "Wicked Game." It was absolutely horrendous, but that's beside the point. He has a new show on the Biography Channel and I saw an ad for it that went something like, "Chris Isaak is one of the world's most cherished singer-songwriters..." and I started laughing. I don't even know what the voice-over guy said after that. Boy, if that ain't an OVERSTATEMENT I'm not sure what is. Now if you were talking about Paul Simon or Carole King or James Taylor, I would totally agree. But Chris Isaak? I guess it was a act of desperation trying to sell the show. Anyway, it made my day. "One of the world's most cherished singer-songwriters." You're killing me!

I guess this is going to be short and sweet tonight. Kind of like Chris Isaak's music career.

Time for bed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!