Ah, Freon...


Okay, it's official... the air conditioner made its debut today. The house contains a woman who's seven months pregnant and a fat boy who is adverse to warm weather. Freon is a beautiful thing.

Yesterday was a strange weather day. It did not get above 59 degrees here, but Granite Falls actually hit 100 degrees. That's over a 40 degree difference separated by about 160 miles. Somehow we avoided a knock-your-socks-off kind of storm. I think we got lucky.

Ava had the sniffles a few days ago and she passed along a sore throat to Beth and I. It seems just ridiculous to have a sore throat when it's 86 degrees outside. I hope this crud doesn't last long. I don't have time for it. It's probably the swine flu. Shit.

Ava has a new favorite movie, Wall-E. It's actually a very cute movie... at least the first couple of times it was cute. I am sure by the 265th showing I'll be ready to kill everyone at Pixar Entertainment.

The gutter guy hasn't shown up yet. But he will. Nobody gets paid till I get all my work done.

Not much else to say. Middle of the work week. Tired. Feeling rough around the edges. Blah.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!