The Miracle of WD-40

WD-40 is the miracle worker. It should be in every American household. Come to think of it, I suppose it is in every American household. But there's a reason for it... the stuff works.

You probably have guessed my WD-40 experiment worked with the power washer. I was right, it was corroded shut and the WD-40 did the trick. I hooked up the washer on Saturday morning and it wheezed, farted and gurgled... and suddenly POOF! An explosion of water and mist flew out of the tip of the nozzle and it was as good as new.

So I power washed the hell out of the deck yesterday and started staining later in the afternoon. I finally quit around supper time and we went out to Gull Lake Campground, had supper and visited with the Stokes family, who were camping for the weekend.

This morning I started staining again, despite rain in the forecast. I worked until 3:00 PM when it started looking dark. I timed it just right. Two hours later it started raining. So the deck isn't finished, but at least it's started. Not quite the way I planned, but it will get done.

Now the birds are using my newly cleaned deck as a public toilet. Lucky for them they are orioles, so I will tolerate their shit. Literally.

Now what? It's raining. We definitely need it, so I won't complain... I just wish it would rain when I have to work, not when I've got outside projects to do.

Oh well, that's enough for now. The Farm Fest invites are out. Thank you for your compliments on the t-shirt design. I must admit I really like it too -- even if it does make me sound a bit bloated. Actually, I should thank my wife for the idea. She gave my original idea a "thumbs down" and put me back to the drawing board. Some times your original idea is the best. Some times you need to develop it a bit. In this case, I was on the right track, just going in the wrong direction.

Never mind, it's a long story.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!