Another 56 Hours

So begins a new work week.  I'll put in my 56 hours this week, then enjoy next week.  My brothers and sisters-in-law are coming for our annual winter weekend get together in two weeks.  We always have a blast when we are together.  We haven't seen each other in a long time, so we've got plenty of catching up to do.

We've had a slow, but steady snowfall since late Saturday/early Sunday.  The forecast was calling for 5 to 8 inches of snow by Monday, but it looks more like we have between 2 and 3 inches.  I'm just "eyeballing" it, but we certainly didn't get half a foot.

I watched the Super Bowl yesterday.  I was disappointed in the outcome.  Yes, I was cheering for the Colts.  I felt the Vikings had a better team than the Saints and it makes me vomit bile to think it could have been the Vikings in the Super Bowl defeating the Colts.

Now, if my dad was alive, he would say that the Saints winning the Super Bowl made the Vikings look good.  I just don't see it that way.  I think the Vikings looked typical -  they choked in a big playoff game.  Again.  I used to be happy when the Vikes simply got to the playoffs, but that's just not good enough anymore.

 "Almost"  ...I've learned to hate that word with a passion over the last dozen years or so.

There's just no vindication for Vikings fans and it makes it very difficult to muster enough enthusiasm to come back for what will be just another disappointing season next year. 

I should be addressing all of this on my football blog, shouldn't I?  Sorry about that.

How about something that really matters?  My little girl turns four years old tomorrow.  I remember that day in the most minute detail.  It was one of the greatest days of my life.

Speaking of... time to go be Mr. Mom. 

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!