Groundhog's Day

Today is Groundhog's Day.

I tried to explain the Groundhog's Day concept to Ava, but I didn't get much past the groundhog coming out of his home.  It's a pretty stupid idea when you really stop and think about it, but it's the only claim to fame for the folks of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, so I don't blame them for keeping the tradition alive.

Anyway, I heard the little bastard saw his shadow.  Sounds like a good reason to shoot him if you ask me.

In addition to Groundhog's Day, It is also Weasel Stomping Day in Canada.  Not many people know that.

It's also Octopus Stretching Day in Bolivia and Fart Like a Water Buffalo Day in Botswana.

Oh, and there's the Annual Kitten Toss in Scotland.

Everyone is invited to join the festivities!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!