Going to Duluth!

Haven't updated here for a while.  Haven't really been on the computer much. 

Had a fun weekend.  Dale & Mel and Bob & Kathy came over on Saturday and John & Becky joined us for dinner Saturday evening.  Had a good visit with everyone, good food, too many cold beverages and in the blink of an eye it was Sunday morning and it was all over with.  Why does time go so fast when you're having fun?

Now it is back to work for the week. 

Beth and I are going to one of our favorite places for her birthday - Duluth.  Just us, no kids.  Our first time with no children since February 2006.  I'm not sure if we even remember how to be "just a couple," but we're willing to give it a try.  We're not going until the very end of April/beginning of May, but we're already talking about what we're going to do and what we're going to see.  One thing for sure on our agenda is a visit to Split Rock Lighthouse.  I've lived in Minnesota my entire life and I've never been there before. 

We are also planning to re-visit Tofte, a small town on the North Shore where we found ourselves stranded after having car problems, way back when we were dating .  That seems like a long time ago, and I suppose it was back in 1995 now that I think about it.  Gosh, 15 years ago? Anyway, Tofte has a fantastic little eatery called the Coho Cafe, Bakery and Deli that we just happened to stumble upon when we were there.  I dialed it up on the internet and it is still there, better than ever!

But mostly we're going to enjoy the great shops, pubs and restaurants along Canal Park.  We're going in the off-season, so things shouldn't be quite as insane as during the summer months.  Our hotel room is overlooking the harbor and it's got a hot tub and fireplace... no, it isn't Hawaii or Mexico, but I'll take it. 

(Personally, I vastly prefer Duluth over any place in Mexico!)

I've got two kids crawling on my lap and I'm trying to type one handed.  Better go... and pardon the typos.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!