Hack It Up

Time to sit down and jot a note or two.  It has been a long week.  I've had a sore throat all week and a nasty cough.  I've been hacking up the most impressive thick, green, tasty salamanders ever to come out of a set of lungs.  (Yeah, I know - too much information).  I thought about even taking a picture of one of my loogies and posting it here, they were that impressive.  But that was too gross.  Even I have a certain amount of decency.

So on Thursday night I felt crappy, but went to work.  It got to a point where I couldn't even take a breath without coughing.  On Friday morning I decided to go to Urgent Care to have myself checked out because I wasn't getting better - I was actually getting worse.  For me to actually seek out medical care means my ass is truly sick.  I certainly don't like to think of myself as a hypochondriac.  Even Beth knew something must have been up for me to actually make a doctor's appointment.

So I was looked over and diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia.  That would explain a few things.  They also did a culture of my throat to rule out strep, but the NP was fairly sure it wasn't.  I haven't been running high fevers and I am upright and walking, so I agree that it probably isn't strep.  Last time I had strep (in 2001), I honestly preferred death.  It was Super Bowl Sunday - the year the Ravens won - and I didn't get out of bed to watch the game.  That pretty much means I was on my death bed.

I've had a couple doses of antibiotics now and I don't feel fantastic, but I do feel better.  I'm missing time off work and I hate doing that, but if I'm sick and I've seen a doctor, then I guess I've got a reasonable excuse.  But bronchial pneumonia?  Seriously?  I might as well start smoking a pack a day.  At least I'd have an excuse. Stupid.

What I truly need is a hot brandy or a hot buttered rum.  That's what Phyllis would prescribe.

Okay, enough about my "frail health."  I suspect I will be seeking out nursing home placement soon.

I recently looked at the blog I made about my dad's World War II experience and I was very surprised that strangers have made comments over the past year or so, and they've been very positive.  It is interesting that other people out there in bloggerland have done the same thing that I've done - made blogs from their father's or grandfather's war experience.  One comment came all the way from England!  I'm very glad to have made that blog.  It is wonderful that other people - people I don't even know - enjoy it and appreciate it's value.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!