A New Coffee Maker! Whoopie!

How often do you have to buy a coffee maker?  It seems the average lifespan of a coffee maker in these parts is a little over a year.  We bought a new coffee maker in February 2010 and a couple weeks ago it started leaking all over.  It actually lasted about 14 months, which was pretty good.

Beth and I are both coffee drinkers and we've estimated we go through at least three pots a day - often times more than that.  (Maybe if I didn't work nightshift I wouldn't drink quite so much - but I doubt it.  I just love coffee.  I got hooked in college and I've become a life-long junkie.  I guess if I'm going to drink like a fish, coffee is a better choice than whiskey.)

Anyway, I reckon (I like that word, it needs to make a comeback) we go through roughly 90 pots a month.  Over a 14 month period of time, that's 1,260 pots of coffee (geez, that's a lot of urine, isn't it?).  No wonder that old coffee maker finally went belly up. 

So the other day Beth bought a new coffee maker and it is super cool!  I just had to post a picture of it because I'm stupid like that:
Our new Mr. Coffee! 
When you look at this picture, to the right is the espresso/cappuccino maker I bought for Beth on Valentine's Day, 1995.  It was the first gift I ever bought for her and it still works perfectly.  It is a BRAUN - we're talking the Cadillac of espresso makers - and it was not cheap.  I couldn't really afford it at the time, but I bought it anyway because I was - what's the word? - smitten.  We had only dated for a month, but I was really showing my commitment to that chick!  I mean, we're talking a Braun espresso maker, dude!

That was over 16 years ago and she still puts up with my shit, so I think she was reasonably impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!