Sam the Plumber

We had "date" night last night. That's when we sit on the couch, watch reruns of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" and eat dates.

I miss that show. Anyone else remember it?


Marlin Perkins was the man back then.

Well, sort of.

Anyway, back to what I was talking about (whatever that was). Oh yeah, date night. No, we didn't eat dates. We got a babysitter and went to what has quickly become our favorite Mexican restaurant, "El Tequila."

I was brave this time and tried a margarita. I say "brave" because tequila is not my favorite choice in beverages, but this margarita was terrific. First and foremost, the drink was as big as my head. I would venture to guess it was about 36 ounces; you could have poured three cans of beer in the dog dish on stilts that the margarita was served in. This was fine by me because I come from the school of thought called "If A Lot Is Good, More Is Better." This general rule applies to all things in life. I would also venture to guess there was a fair amount of tequila in the drink. The longer we dined, the fewer problems I seemed to have.

Beth had a virgin pina colada which was also very good (she craves pina coladas and virgins when she's pregnant... which I think is odd... but it is better than craving snails and sluts I suppose). I love pina coladas, even though it's something of a "girly" drink. When we were in Mexico I had pina coladas for breakfast (literally!). In fact, I wouldn't mind having one right now. Hmmm...

We didn't stay out for long, but it was nice to be adults for a couple hours.

Not much going on today other than football. The NFL playoffs are today and tomorrow and that can't be bad.

I fixed one of our toilets this morning. It wasn't flushing properly. It was a two step job because I got the wrong sized valve at first, so I had to run to Fleet Farm twice whilst braving the cold (I like that word, "whilst." You don't hear it much these days. It is much like "hence." It's a good word with a specific meaning and it just isn't used much anymore. I think that sucks).

Hell, I forgot what I was talking about.

Oh, the broken can. Right. So I finally got the right parts and after a few colorful words I finally fixed the potty. And I learned something today: you don't know how important a properly flushing potty is until it's not flushing properly... um, if you know what I mean.

Oooookay, that's a visual you probably could have done without.

I'm pretty sure it's time to move on.

Now, about those pina coladas...




Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!