Barenaked Ladies

I survived another crazy weekend at work. We managed to keep everyone alive, which is the ultimate goal. Now I'm off for a few days. I guess I've got to make a list of things to do while I'm off. Seems I can think of a thousand chores to do that I always mean to "get around to" when "I've got the time." Then when I do have the time, I can't remember what it was that I had to do. I'm probably the only person who does that; it's most likely a built-in mechanism of covert procrastination (which is a term I just invented) whereby I avoid mundane tasks when the opportunity presents itself by means of temporary global amnesia.

I've got no idea what the hell I'm talking about right now.

I don't know how many of you have heard of the band "The Barenaked Ladies." They are a Canadian group that has been around since 1988 and they've had a number of hits over the last 20 years. They are just a terrific live act. We watched their Christmas special the other night and every time I've seen these guys perform they just kill me; they are hilarious entertainers and are about as tight as a live band can get. They did a bluegrass version of their big hit "One Week" which was outstanding. I tried to find it on You Tube because I wanted to share it with my friends in bloggerland. I couldn't find the Christmas special, but I found this, which is from some Canadian telethon. It is exactly the same version of the song. It's less than four minutes long and it's worth watching. They really keep you on your toes. I hope you enjoy it, especially my brother Dale who has a new computer and can watch stuff like this now (I don't think Dale has heard of these guys before, but I bet he'll like this)!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!