The weekend

Just a quick note. Nothing really happening in my neck of the woods. It is a working weekend, which means everything I should be doing is not getting done. Oh well, life goes on.

It finally is a little "warmer" outside. I just took the canines outside and it was 16 degrees ABOVE zero. On Thursday morning -- or was it Wednesday morning? -- I can't remember, the days have all melted together this week (ironic I should choose the word "melted" isn't it? I crack myself up some times)... anyway, one of those two mornings it was -36 F when I got home at 7:30 AM. That doesn't even classify as "cold" anymore. I file it more under the "stupid" category. I'm not sure how wildlife even survives in temperatures that cold, but obviously they do.

Beth got to stay home on-call today and I am glad. She has been miserable with nausea, sleeplessness and all the other unpleasant things related to pregnancy and the side-effects of anti-emetic medications. She wasn't really sure how she was going to make it through the work day today, so she was relieved when she got to stay home (and I got an extra three hours of sleep, which I wasn't unhappy about!). She just doesn't play the role of pregnant woman very well. The one good thing is we both know it is not forever, but that's really easy for me to say. We have our first ultrasound on Tuesday. We are looking forward to that.

Crap, it is time for me to get ready for work. I will be back when the weekend is in the books.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!