Whore Frost?!

It is 27 degrees this morning and it feels pretty nice out there. It was foggy earlier and now the trees are a beautiful white, which I do believe is called hoar frost. Or is it whore frost? Say, if Jack Frost nips at your nose, what does Whore Frost do? These thoughts keep me awake at night. Nevertheless, the trees do look postcard perfect this morning.

I can’t believe it is Sunday already. This week has flown by. We had all kinds of appointments this week. Ava had her two year check-up. She’s doing great. She’s very tall for her age. Our pediatrician recommended bribery with potty training, and by golly it is working. Gummy bears (or “dots” as she prefers to call them) are working well so far. We’ve had too much advice regarding potty training and a few people have made us feel like we should put Ava up for adoption to a good home because she wasn’t potty trained by 18 months. Something tells me that a successful life isn’t based on whether your pooping on the toilet before you know the difference between red and blue. I could be wrong; I’m a rookie at being a dad, but my gut feeling says all is well.

Bob and Kathy stopped by for a short visit on Friday. They didn’t stay too long, but it was long enough for Uncle Bob to convince Ava that chocolate pudding was disgusting. It was one of those “you had to be there” moments -- and a scene I’m sure Ava will be reminded of in the years to come. But just to be sure she did not develop some weird phobia of chocolate pudding, I offered her some the next day and she gobbled it right up. I guess it wasn’t as “yucky” as Uncle Bob said it was!!

Man, are we ready to camp! So far we have four camping trips planned for this summer. I can hardly wait to open the camper for the first time this spring and inspect it -- hopefully the Lewie’s guys fixed it right. If not, it will be back to the shop faster than the blink of an eye and I will commence to raising some holy hell.

Right about now, Beth’s parents are airborne, on their way to sunny Cancun. They’ll be there until Wednesday or Thursday. A short trip, but a nice change of scenery and climate.

We are now three and a half weeks and counting to Bon Jovi. I included their picture at the top of the page to celebrate the countdown to the concert. It probably seems abnormal to most people that a grown man would get so giddy about a show, but I’ve always been this way when it comes to music. I don’t think I will change anytime soon. Maybe later I’ll explain why Bon Jovi is such an important band to me personally. Their music really is very meaningful to me; it is far more than just something to play in the background and I don’t listen to it just because it has “a good beat and you can dance to it.” Maybe some of you have a certain artist or group that has the same affect on you, where nearly every song they write makes you stop and think about your own life, or makes you say “Yeah, I know what you mean.” Then again, maybe I’m just psychotic.

I have an Iguana cigar with my name on it and a fresh pot of coffee ready to go (McGarvey Twin Cities Blend). The garage beckons me. I must obey. I think I’ll go inspect the artistry of ol’ Whore Frost. She does good work.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!