Who's permission?

Time for my mid-week report. It is a work week, so not much is happening, but I like to jot a little something down anyway.

I was wondering if someone could tell me who gave all these congressmen, who obviously have nothing better to do, my permission to investigate wrong-doings in pro football and pro baseball? Who gave my permission to waste my taxpayer money to figure out why the NFL destroyed the Patriots “Spygate” videotapes? Why is my taxpayer money going to waste figuring out whether Roger Clemens took steroids? Obviously Arlen Specter, George Mitchell and all the rest believe everything is hunky-dory stateside and there’s really no issue more important to national interest than figuring out if a dumb forty-something jock pumped himself up with juice in order to compete with 20 year-olds. And to think I was outraged when I read the University of Washington was given a $100,000 government grant to study the effects of global warming from methane gas generated from cow farts (a true story, by the way! Here’s the link: Cow Farts).

Speaking of cow farts, Chris Meidt was hired as an offensive assistant for the Washington Redskins this week. Who’s Chris Meidt, you ask? He was the quarterback for Minneota high school, the team that narrowly beat us (Bertha-Hewitt Bears) in the state football playoffs in 1986 and 1987. Meidt was Mr. Perfect, Mr. All-State. Now he’s a coach in the NFL. So at the very least I can say that I played football against a guy who now coaches in the NFL. And I sincerely hope he and the Redskins fail miserably. Some wounds never heal. That’s just the way I am. Write it down, I officially hate the Washington Redskins.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s day. How did that happen? Here I am, empty handed. I guess I better FedEx something overnight. I'll have to go with a Vermont Teddy Bear-- the one with the horny devil costume, a bottle of self-heating personal lubricant and a “back massager” (suuuuuuure it is!). I better act fast. See you later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?