How Long?

Holy Toledo, it's been how long since I've been on the internet? Something like five days or so, which I am sure is a record for me. Just like everyone else we've been busy over the Christmas holiday. We've had guests and we've been traveling back and forth to Beth's parents' place for Christmas-like things, and in the meantime I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... and in a flash it was all over and the New Year is just a couple days away. I work tonight and then I'm off until January 2nd. Yes, my schedule is a mess. I am ready for things to get back to normal -- or at least what I consider to be "normal."

We had a nice Christmas. Now all that remains are leftovers (which I shouldn't have, but will somehow find their way into my pie hole) and some really neat toys that Santa brought Ava's way. One in particular is cool -- it is a horse that actually walks. Unfortunately, Ava is scared to death of it. Whenever it "comes alive" she starts to bawl and cries out "No! Off it! Off it!", which is Ava-speak for "turn that damn thing off before I piss my pants in terror." I finally had to take the batteries out before the horse became the source for nightmares. I guess this was a gift that "Santa" thought was much cooler than the child did, as you can tell by the picture:


Ava's reaction to the Horse of Terror

Beth and I decided that our Christmas gift to each other will be tickets to see the Eagles at the Fargodome in March. That seems like a pretty nice gift to me. We saw them a couple years ago and they were fantastic. We don't get to many concerts anymore, so we are really looking forward to a night out, even if it is over three months away!

I guess that is all for now. Just wanted my friends in bloggerland to know that I am alive, if not a few pounds heavier thanks to all of that great Christmas health food. I am sure I will be back again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!