Twenty below and counting

Holy crap, is it ever COLD.

My thermometer, which is usually pretty accurate, reads -20 degrees right now. It is supposed to get even colder before morning. I took the garbage out to the street earlier this evening and it was absolutely painful. I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if I would have put on a coat and shoes, but I figured a quick job like that would require just a tee shirt and sandals. Yeah, that was pretty stupid. Now that I think about it, I am glad Ava didn't lock me out of the house. Oofdah!! Not one of my brighter moments.

I am not sure how much snow we got yesterday. My best guess is 8 to 9 inches. I thought we would get even more the way the weatherman talked, but it's a pretty good start to the winter season. Remember, winter doesn't even start until next Sunday. And then, my friends, the days start getting L O N G E R again. There is hope on the horizon!

So here I sit waiting for the phone to ring; I took Beth to work today because it was so cold, and she should be wrapping things up pretty soon.

Tonight I start a long stretch of work. I will be at the hospital 10 out of the next 11 nights. The stretch finally ends at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, December 26th. Something tells me I will be blogging every now and then just to keep my sanity, and to remind me what day it is. When you work that many in a row, days just blend together after while.

So come back again, I am sure I'll have a whole lot to say about nothing... but that's never stopped me from blabbing before.

Beth just called, so it is time to brave the cold!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!