Just chattering...

Just another lazy evening at home. Beth was on-call and just got called in, so I am contemplating what my munchkin will eat for supper. Some times she eats like a horse, some times she's not interested at all. The only rule we have is if you don't eat when the meal is served, your not allowed to snack later. Of course, we've gone through a couple of dramas in the late evening of "I'm hungry" after refusing supper. The answer's always the same: "I'm sorry, but you should have eaten when we had supper." Which always summons the same response: "BBBBOOOOORRRRAAAHHHH!!!!"

It is hard to tell your child no when they say they are hungry, but my personal belief is that a child needs structure. I simply don't think it's right to allow a kid to eat at 9:00 p.m. after refusing to eat at 6:00 p.m. It's all about learning to make choices and learning that there are consequences (positive and negative) to your actions. It's the same as learning not to touch the dogs when they are eating or not sticking your tongue on a metal pole in January or not peeing on an electric fence. I don't think Ava has to worry about the latter, though.

Man, I hope not.

Good heavens, when did I become Mr. Parent? I just realized that I should not be talking about this because I will probably have Crow Wing County Social Services knocking on my door investigating me for child abuse. Not feeding his child? What kind of animal is he?

I just realized this is a pretty boring entry. There must be something more interesting to talk about?!

Thank you for your good wishes regarding our big news! Yes, Beth is feeling a lot better now. She said this afternoon she felt a little queezy, but she was doing okay. She was sick for the first 20 weeks with Ava, so we know it won't last forever... only until mid-March. Easy for me to say.

Speaking of, Beth has her first appointment next week. We think she's due around July 20th, but we should find out more next week. We know this could throw a wrench in our Farm Fest plans next year, but we've got plenty of time to sort that out. Hey, it's a wonderful problem to have as far as we're concerned!

In other news, the weatherman said we are supposed to get snow tonight, 1-2 inches. And I just noticed it is starting to snow. It is about time. Our lawn still has a full head of hair, so to speak. We're almost through the first week of December and I could still push the lawnmower around the yard.

I was wondering, does anyone else out there have a blog (other than Stacy, Kathy and Heidi)? I was wondering if any of my cousins did this web logging thing... I think it is fun to stop in at somone's blog to see how they are doing. It is a nice way to keep up on everyone's life. Just wondering.

I am finalizing my Oak Valley to Po Valley blog. I think it will be well worth the read, especially for anyone who likes history or anyone who knew my dad. It is a labor of love!

Time to make supper plans. Ava is knee-deep in "Frosty the Snowman" now. Last year I got a triple DVD of the old classics that I grew up with... you know, the stop-action animations with Burl Ives as Sam the Snowman in "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer"...



...and Dick Van Dyke in "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."


It is cool to see Ava enjoying the old classics I grew up with. The only difference is she can watch these anytime. I got to see them once a year. And it was a big deal when they were on!!

Christmas is so much fun again!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!